2010 Layouts

December 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Our 18 hour drive was worth it, if only for today.


No matter where we live, the 7th ward is always and will always be home. I was born and raised in the 7th ward. OK, originally it was the 35th ward, but then all the wards in the stake got changed to consecutive numbers. Thus, the 7th ward.


Today was the big Christmas program. It started out with the most beautifuly sung version of "The Holy City" by John and Mel (two old timers from way back when). I got goosebumps several times and had to hold back the tears.

There were many beautiful songs. The last song, was "The Holy City" (again) performed as an organ/piano duet by my dad and Cleon. It was absolutely breathtaking! Cleon is one of the most talented pianists in the world, I'm pretty sure. And together, they make magic.



I'd make an 18 hour drive for this hour and a half of...heaven.

And, speaking of our drive, we got here safely. We hit about an hour of bad weather. BA Baracas was driving and he freaked out when the semi in front of us started fish-tailing and then he put on our breaks and we started fish-tailing as well. We got off the next available exit and changed drivers. The rest of the way was beautiful and sunny.

And, what would a major trip be without some drama. Luckily, however, the drama only came in the form of Ubby throwing up.

PS. Although everyone here is apologizing for how cold it is, it feels almost balmy. The temperature is above zero, which makes for quite a pleasant time.

5 comments:

ucmama said...

I'm so glad you made it safely! I didn't get to talk to you before you left, so I didn't know you were leaving early. I've got cinnamon candy for y'all when you get back :)

Jamie said...

I was wondering how you were doing...glad to hear you made it. We miss you!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Glad you made it okay! That is sure a long drive with 4 kids in the car, but I'm sure it will be fun to be with your family. I hope you have a happy holiday!

Becky said...

Glad you guys are ok! We have been thinking a lot about you guys! The Christmas Program sounded amazing! Hope that you guys stay warm (much warmer than here)!
Merry Christmas!

Doré said...

Hi Becky, I found your blog off your FB page. I miss hearing the Christmas program at the old ward. I love the way your dad would play the organ and especially when he would play duet with Cleon. Also remember the James family trombone number. And Holy Night always sung by a member of the Winder family.

The Best of 2009