2010 Layouts

July 24, 2009

Friends... a Holiday...and an Accident (none of the events related)

We've been having problems with gmail and google. Just those 2 sites. Our computer won't let us in. Says our firewall is preventing them from coming up.

So I spent way too long trying to figure it out.

And then B.A. spent too long trying to figure it out.

And I got on again to try to figure it out. And it worked. So, I can finally post.



Sarah has been bored and feeling sorry for herself that she has no friends here. None. And I feel bad, because I'm in the same boat.

So on Activity Day night, I called the RS pres (the ONLY phone number I know because it was in the monthly newsletter) and she told me what was happening for activity days. And offered to have her daughter "pick" my daughter up on her way to church. (Since we all live within 2 blocks of the church, it's more like a walk-pick up.)

And I knew it was a match made in heaven when I saw this event take place:

Beautiful Samoan/Caucasian girl comes walking down the road with her 8 year old brother... And her mom driving behind in the car to make sure it all goes ok.

When 9 year old girl sees Sarah waiting, she turns around and orders her brother to go back home-- she's got it. AND, THERE ARE NO BOYS ALLOWED!!!!!

Followed by walking a little more. And then 9 year old girl sees her mother in the car and tries to tell her mom to go back home--3 or 4 times. And when her mom doesn't respond, she says, "Candice!!! You can go home now!!!"

* She doesn't like her younger brother to hang around her and her friends.
* She is completely embarrassed that her mom tries to help when she is out with friends.

They will get along just fine.


Today is a holiday. We went to a pioneer parade. The first I've been to in many, many years. It was so awesome. We got in our car 20 minutes before the parade started. We drove to the parade. Parked within 20 feet of the road. Set up chairs where there was plenty of room. Watched a quite impressive parade (considering we live in Smallville, USA). Then, when it was over, the blockade was down before we got to our van and we got home minutes after we left.


LOVE IT!!! This is going to be perfect! Here are some pics from the parade:


Where else would you find a float made out of food storage tins?

One of my favs- the Jello float:

Another fav. Notice the "drills"


And, last week Caleb was carrying Caroline and tripped. On the asphalt. And she went down hard. Her head bounced off the asphalt. That's not supposed to happen. This picture doesn't even start to show how horrible it was in real life!


The next day was Sunday. We can't go to our second Sunday in our new ward looking like child abusers. So I put a big bandaid on her forehead. The kind that she can't take off. And I felt like I was a good mother the whole day. Until she figured out how to get it off at nap time after church. Sigh. Oh well.


PS My sister reminds me that 2 weeks ago Caroline also had a spill. A neighbor girl was carrying her and tripped. Here is a picture of that wound she was almost over:

3 comments:

Katie Wright Farnsworth said...

Oh my! Poor Caroline. She keeps getting all beat up. I think the pics I saw of her at mom & dads house on yoru move over-she had a bonked up head too! So sad. I love small town parades. One of these weekend I am going to make a trip up there to see you guys. Maybe over Labor day?

Mark Wright said...

That is so funny about Sarah.. i laughed a lot.. it has been a while since i have seen all you guys! miss you guys! and hope you guys are loving it back in utah! :)

Charlotte said...

It is always nice to find friends in a new place.

I hate the asphalt skid on my baby's face. Poor baby. At least you found a large enough band-aid!

The Best of 2009