2010 Layouts

February 28, 2010

Ramblings, because I'm sick and I can't get up...

Today isn't a good day for me. I woke up at 4:30 feeling sick to my stomach. I've thrown up 5 times since. And I can't sleep because of my aches and pains AND because the kids are so loud!

I was supposed to play a violin duet with Sarah in church today. AND, Sarah and Joe both gave talks in Sacrament meeting. I was laying in my bed around 9:25, listening to a Mormon message and I decided I had to try to go listen to them. I got there right after Sarah's talk. Joe's talk was towards the end. So I took Caroline into a room, shut the door, laid in front of it, and let her play.

She messed her pants. I almost threw up so many times from the smell! Thank goodness my shirt doubles as a fragrance blocker. I listened to Joe's talk and we left. I threw up within 5 minutes of getting home. But, it was worth it to listen to Joe from the foyer/side foyer room.


Caleb turned 7 last week. We had a birthday party for him yesterday. Caroline turned 2 a few days later. She got a toddler bike- the kind you can push from behind and then eventually turns into a regular trike. Whe loves it and plays with it daily.


Have you ever heard of accountable kids? I bought the book about 4 years ago. We didn't have the funds to buy the boards, so I made boards and cards for my kids. We used them for almost 2 years, until Caroline was born. (Then all parenting went to pot in favor of sleep:)

Anyway, we started it back up at our house again. Caleb LOVES it. He thrives on it. Sarah argued it was too babyish, but upon me giving her the responsibility to find something else we could use, she decided to use this program and adjust it a little. The boards I made are much cuter than the ones they sell, but here's the idea:



There are chores, tickets, special date cards, best behavior cards, and extra jobs for extra money, plus a lot more. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to figure out a new system. I think they say it works for kids ages 3-13. It has my highest recommendation.


Now I only have about 2 or 3 layouts to finish up last years scrapbook. I'm going to have to make at least one kit to finish up one of the layouts. I just finished a music kit. I love it. It was for all the pink and red dresses/clothes Sarah wore to her music things:) (I searched EVERYWHERE for a colorful music kit- couldn't find one, so I made one:) And then I finished my music pages from last year.





Alan is going crazy today. He wanted a nap, but the kids were too loud. So he got up, cleaned the house, sat down to relax, had to clean the house again, made dinner, and has refereed battles the whole afternoon. I tried to go down a little bit ago, but he told me I was as pale as a white sheet and to go back up to bed. Parenting is hard alone.

That's it. Nothing funny. Just ramblings from a sick woman.

4 comments:

Deidra said...

Hope you get feeling better. Wow its amazing how fast kids grow up. hope you are all doing good.

kristin said...

I am so sorry you are sick. I felt so bad for you that you were missing your kids talks, so I am glad you got to hear them. They did so great! You should be very proud as a mom to have such neat children. :)

I hope you get feeling better - what can I do for you? I was sick a couple weeks ago, and could only keep down ginger ale. Do you need some? Please let me know!

Claudia said...

I hope you get feeling better really soon - and that no one else in your house gets sick. It sounds like (other than this sick time) you guys have been living it up! Two birthdays, a super awesome accountability system, and some great pages. You go, girl!

Ann Marie said...

I sure hope you begin to feel better soon. That's not fun!

Tell me more about this "Accountable Kids". That sounds great!

The Best of 2009