Until dinner a few nights ago. Here's about how the conversation went:
Caleb: Summer is my friend.
Sarah: You have a girlfriend?
Me: No, it's a friend who is a girl, right Caleb?
Caleb: No. She's my girlfriend.
Sarah: What is her name?
Caleb: (spelling it out) S-U-M-M-E-R
BA: She's your girlfriend?
Caleb: Yes. That's what she told everyone.
BA: Did you K-I-S-S her?
Caleb: No, but she kissed me.
Me (surprised): Where?
Caleb: Right here on the check. She made me a card with lots of hearts on it. So I made her a card with lots of cards on it. Mom, where are the beads so I can make her a bracelet.
BA: Do you know what R-O-M-E-O spells?
Way too young. We did have a little chat.
Here are some of the fun things I/we have been doing lately:
I made some stuff for the nursery. I guess when I subbed in there I realized, again, the importance of music. So each of the pictures is a song for the kids to pick off and sing.
We got some small pumpkins and let the kids carve them. We had such a good time. Here are some pictures:

I saw this idea on Sugardoodle.net It's a rain gutter that you cut, put ends on, and screw into your wall for a bookshelf (or in our case, a stuffed animal home). My brother came down to visit for the weekend. He helped saw the rain gutter in half at the Home Depot. And he helped me screw them into the wall.

2 comments:
I love the picture of Caroline dancing on the table. YIPPEE!! That's a cool idea about the rain gutters. What do you put at the end of them? Are they just open or is it finished somehow??
love the picture of Caroline.
We miss you guys too much.
Post a Comment