I've had a rough little while. I would say I'm in a funk. But it is probably a little more than that.
Sunday in Relief Society the teacher taught the lesson on the beautiful talk Elder Uchtdorf gave last Sept in the woman's session of conference. Here are some exerts:
The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children.
You might say, “I’m not the creative type."
If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe.
I realized something during the lesson. I feel quite a hole in my heart, missing my friends in Iowa. I have really struggled here. And yet BA is doing better than he's done our entire married life.
So to help my heart, I create. I create beautiful scrapbook pages for my family. And I create beautiful digital scrapbooking kits for others to enjoy. It keeps me sane. And although it doesn't make it all better, it helps.

4 comments:
I miss beading, I miss trading sassy comments, I miss discussing spiritual things in a realistic way, I miss your beautiful kids, I miss you...
Yeah, what she said. Minus the beading. When I got to girl's night out, I go to eat and talk. Not bead.
I miss you a lot. I'd rather be the leaver.
I love how therapeutic scrapbooking is!
Becky- You are SO missed and SO loved. The other night we took some bread over to the Flynn's house (your old place). I literally almost started to cry as we pulled away. I wanted it to be you opening the door so much. I think of you every day. I'll email you soon with some silly stories for old times sake. Just remember, locations change, but friendships can be forever...I really cling to that thought when change comes.
Post a Comment