e
went to the boys' school for parent night this past week. Caleb had done an all about me book. I LOVE the first page that he did. The whole book is quite cute, but really, this is my favorite:
went to the boys' school for parent night this past week. Caleb had done an all about me book. I LOVE the first page that he did. The whole book is quite cute, but really, this is my favorite:
I have blue eyes. My two front teeth are big. I love my freckles on my face. My handsome hair is blond.
A few years ago, when Sarah was first discovering her love of teasing Caleb...and Caleb was discovering how to give his sister the reaction she wanted, she tried to convince him that he was adopted because he has blond hair and the rest of us have brown/dark hair.
The way she did this made him feel a little dejected. I stepped in and assured him that since the time I was a little girl, I always dreamed of having a little blond hair, blue eyed boy. Since then, he thinks he is the cream of the crop. He loves all that is different about him compared to his brother and sisters.
Other, non related stuff. Conversation with Sarah the other day:
S: Mom, when we get our next vehicle, can it NOT be a mini-van?
Me: Ya. Dad doesn't want a mini-van. In fact, he never wanted a mini-van to begin with. I'm the one who wanted it so that all I had to do was push a button and the door would open for you guys to get in on your own.
But don't worry. We won't be getting a mini-van again. Dad won't allow it.
S: Dad always gets what he wants.
Me: Sarah, you just said you didn't want a mini-van.
S: I know. It is embarrassing to have a mini-van.
Me: Why?
S: It just is.
Me: Sarah, half the people in this town had a mini-van. And the other half have pick up trucks. So since our family won't fit in a pick up truck, a mini-van seems to be a good alternative.
I've thought about it since then. Maybe a pickup truck would work. We could have a competition. Whoever behaves the best gets to sit in the truck with Mom and Dad. The others have to sit in the back and freeze. That's ok, isn't it? Put a few seat belts back there, we'll be fine.
And, one more note about winters here. I LOVE them!!! I love that it doesn't get below zero. I love that it's WARM enough to snow (one thing I learned in Iowa is that it can actually be too cold to snow. THAT is cold!!)
AND when it snows the next day is usually a beautiful, sunny 25 degree day. Perfect for sledding and playing outside. I LOVE the winter here!!

2 comments:
Hilarious! All of it!!! And I'm pretty sure that you could all fit in an extended cab truck, if that is your wish!
Love it! Such a cute drawing and story!
Happy birthday Caleb and Caroline!
Post a Comment